We receive a lot of questions about how to use our body oil. Can adults use it? Can I apply it to my hair? Is it hypoallergenic? Can I use it on intimate areas? The answer is YES to all of the above! However, these questions have made us realize that the many ways to use natural oil are not super obvious to everyone. So, here is an inspirational 'how-to-use guide' with tips and tricks.
Our body oil is formulated for infants but can be used by all ages! Since we aim to minimize the amount of packaging transported and used per family, it is a priority for us to formulate the products so that everyone can use them. When we say everyone, we mean people from the ages of 0-100 with:
- Sensitive skin
- Oily skin
- Dry skin
- A tendency to experience allergic reactions (not if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients in our product)
- Acne-prone skin
A Few Ways to Use It...
- Use it as a moisturizer when the skin is still damp or even wet after a shower or bath. Let it soak in to maximize the moisturizing effect.
- For a calming baby massage before bedtime or just for a cozy moment. The vanilla scent is so calming and comforting, making it the perfect addition when you want to relax.
- Use it as a cleanser during diaper changes. This is the best hack ever. Add only water and our body oil to a cloth or napkin. Cleanse and add a little extra oil to the baby's bum and intimate areas if desired. Your baby will be cleaner than with conventional baby wipes, and diaper rash will be a thing of the past.
- Do you have brittle hair after giving up breastfeeding or after too many sleepless nights? Our customers have reported using our body oil as a nighttime hair treatment and rinsing it out in the morning by double cleansing with shampoo. They were so excited about this, so we tried it, and now we are as well!
- There's no real need to get rid of cradle cap, but if you are one of those parents who just can't stop scratching it, it is way more gentle and effective to start by applying our body oil to the scalp. We would say it's a win-win for both parent and baby - more effective and less annoying.
- Deep skin folds in babies are a typical problem area for irritated skin. A great way to relieve friction and calm irritation is by adding our microbiome-friendly body oil.
- Skin prone to eczema should be treated with care. The main priority is to rebuild the skin barrier and protect the skin microbiome. Our body oil is so calming, protective, and microbiome-friendly, so try adding it regularly to calm flare-ups.
- Acne-prone skin? Try cleansing with our cleansing oil first and then add our body oil to the damp face. A balanced microbiome, as well as balanced hormones, are everything when it comes to battling acne.
So these are just a few suggestions, but the ways to use our body oil are so versatile, and the limit is your imagination (it is even edible!). We love to hear all the ways you use it, so please don't stop sending us DMs and emails letting us know 😍